A sort of Course Syllabus for Physics 410/510:
Spring Term 2013:
- Class Meets MWF 11-1150 am in Willamette 318 in
- There is no required textbook
The Course Website is:
Course Title: Atmospheric Stuff
What does that mean?
Topics could include:
- Atmospheric Dynamics
- Atmospheric Thermodynamics
- Radiative Transfer
- Fluid Dynamics
- Water vapor dynamics and precipitation
- Atmosphere-Ocean Interactions
- Deep Ocean Transport
- Forecasting and observational Tools
- Atmospheric Optics
- Signatures of Climate Change
Each one of those topics is actually a complete course in any Atmospheric Science Department.
That means this course will be a broad course aimed at making you more literate in these
core areas of atmospheric science
Instructor: G. Bothun, Dept of Physics
- Office/Lab: 417 Willamette Hall
- email: email@example.com
- office hours: just email me to schedule a time
At some point, we will be working with partial differential equations in this class. If you have never seen them before
it likely won't be that big of deal.
Grading and Course Requirements:
- Homework Assignments - probably 5 of them; these can be done with a partner
- One Midterm: probably in Week 6
- Comprehensive final
- I may have the graduate students in this class work in a team of 2 to prepare
a reserach presentation (20 minutes or so) of a current topic in atmospheric science.
I don't know yet. Everything is Fluid. Its dynamic ...